Happy birthday to my sweet Alexander, the little boy I named The Xander Box after! Six years ago Alexander came into this world fast and furious… right on our front lawn! To celebrate his birthday we are having a sale on The Xander Box. Snag this adorable milk print set for just $19 here.
Want to know how Alexander was born on our front lawn?! The morning of his birthday I was having dull cramping but nothing that felt too painful or organized. As the morning went on the cramping got a little more intense so I called the doctor to check in. I told him I didn’t feel ready to go the hospital because it was just dull pain, I didn’t feel any pressure and I wanted to wait it out to be sure it kept up. I put our older son, Aiden, in his room to nap so I could lie down and concentrate on what was happening with my body. Thankfully he fell asleep and missed the dramatic delivery. By around 10:00am I was having contractions at consistent intervals. I called my husband who was at work (nearby, thank goodness!) and told him I was ready to head to the hospital. I started packing up the car so we could go when he and our babysitter arrived. But as I was preparing to leave I could feel the contractions were rapidly speeding up and I knew time was running out. Out of breath and in pain, I fell to the grass awaiting my husband, who arrived at 10:10am… 10:15am our beautiful son was born, delivered by his Dad.
Six years later, Alexander is still keeping us on our toes! He is our fiery middle child and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can’t imagine life without him and we are incredibly blessed he was born without complication. We love you Alexander Lee!
Every year on Alexander’s birthday we visit the Fire Department for a photo. Here my husband and Alex reenact his special day!
Common questions I recieve about Alexander’s lawn delivery:
- The ambulance did not arrive in time. My husband (who is a doctor) delivered Alexander.
- I was just shy of 39 weeks.
- While of course we were in complete shock, everything happened so quickly there was no time to panic. Of my three deliveries Alexander’s was oddly the easiest. It was FAST and the adrenalin got me through.
- My water did not break until the actual delivery.
- None of our neighbors noticed – until after the ambulance arrived.
- I was on bed rest for 10 weeks with my third son.