“Small Business isn’t for the faint of heart. It is for the brave, the patient, the persistent and the overcomer.” – unknown
Did you know when you “like” or comment on a small shops social media post you are helping them grow their business? It does not mean you have to buy. It is just a small way to show your support and make them feel encouraged. So take a moment, show a Small Business you believe in them!
Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift for the Momma who does it all? Check out these five small shops for some fun and unique ideas.
1.) Mother Snacker [mothersnacker.com] Give the gift that keeps on giving! Mother Snacker is a monthly discovery box curated exclusivly for overwhelmed Moms that need a Mother Snack’n break!!
2.) Fit Couture Yoga Mats [fitcoutureyoga.com] Founded by a fellow Boy Mom, you can’t go wrong with Fit Couture’s chic and trendy yoga mats. These mats are eco-friendly, non-slip and are available in the most adorable prints (think mermaids and pineapples)!
3.) Our Love Was Born [etsy.com/shop/OurLoveWasBorn] These Sky Conversation maps are both thoughtful and beautiful. This Husband/Wife team and prides itself on unique personalized designs and outstanding customer service.
4.) Shop Self Box [shopselfbox.com] This beautifully curated monthly subscription is the fantastic way to indulge Mom. Each box contains 4-7 handmade products for bath, beauty, home decor and so much more!
5.) The Boy Box [theboybox.com] Support Wildlife Raise Boys! This tee is a must have for every Mom of Boys! Available in four colors, this top is perfect for Mother’s Day – or any day!
Happy birthday to my sweet Alexander, the little boy I named The Xander Box after! Six years ago Alexander came into this world fast and furious… right on our front lawn! To celebrate his birthday we are having a sale on The Xander Box. Snag this adorable milk print set for just $19 here.
Want to know how Alexander was born on our front lawn?! The morning of his birthday I was having dull cramping but nothing that felt too painful or organized. As the morning went on the cramping got a little more intense so I called the doctor to check in. I told him I didn’t feel ready to go the hospital because it was just dull pain, I didn’t feel any pressure and I wanted to wait it out to be sure it kept up. I put our older son, Aiden, in his room to nap so I could lie down and concentrate on what was happening with my body. Thankfully he fell asleep and missed the dramatic delivery. By around 10:00am I was having contractions at consistent intervals. I called my husband who was at work (nearby, thank goodness!) and told him I was ready to head to the hospital. I started packing up the car so we could go when he and our babysitter arrived. But as I was preparing to leave I could feel the contractions were rapidly speeding up and I knew time was running out. Out of breath and in pain, I fell to the grass awaiting my husband, who arrived at 10:10am… 10:15am our beautiful son was born, delivered by his Dad.
Six years later, Alexander is still keeping us on our toes! He is our fiery middle child and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can’t imagine life without him and we are incredibly blessed he was born without complication. We love you Alexander Lee!
Every year on Alexander’s birthday we visit the Fire Department for a photo. Here my husband and Alex reenact his special day!
Common questions I recieve about Alexander’s lawn delivery:
- The ambulance did not arrive in time. My husband (who is a doctor) delivered Alexander.
- I was just shy of 39 weeks.
- While of course we were in complete shock, everything happened so quickly there was no time to panic. Of my three deliveries Alexander’s was oddly the easiest. It was FAST and the adrenalin got me through.
- My water did not break until the actual delivery.
- None of our neighbors noticed – until after the ambulance arrived.
- I was on bed rest for 10 weeks with my third son.
Take me out to the ballgame! This modern baseball print is perfect for your little slugger. Sign up here to receive this sporty, spring set. The soft red raglan is also available as an add on item here.
Hello there fellow Mommas! Welcome to The Boy Box Blog. While we biasedly love all things The Boy Box, this blog is about more than just our apparel, but also a venue for Boy Moms to share their thoughts, stories and precious families!
I would love to collab with you all and am looking for some creative minds to guest post on our site:
- Open letter to your child or past self
- Balancing parenting and marriage
- Traveling with tots
- Life with BOYS
- Introducing siblings and new family members
- New Mom advice
… the hardships, the joys – the reality of life as a Mom.
Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG news! I have finally launched our clothing subscription! This was always my original intention for the company so I am very excited to share this with you all!
– Receive 2-3 on-trend pieces every month for $23.99! That is only $8-$12 per item! Our boxes are designed to create a capsule wardrobe for each season giving you optimum use of your new clothing and accessories. This fun mix and match style allows for different and exciting looks at one great price.
– We are currently in the pre-launch phase! This means that you can sign up NOW but your first box will not ship until MAY 24th. As a thank you for being patient and a founding subscriber I am offering a coupon code for $3 off the life of your subscription. This means as long as you subscribe you will receive a box every month for $20.99 (plus shipping). Code: SIGNMEUP.
– Available for sizes 6months – 5T.
– Cancel or skip anytime.
Check out this sneak peak of our FIRST BOX!
Sizes 6mo-2T receive a super soft, navy/white stripe romper and coordinating zip-up hoodie vest. Sizes 3T-5T receive this adorable tank and the zip-up hoodie! PS: The back of the tank has a pop of orange!!
PLEASE NOTE: The single purchase shop will remain open and our Bibdana+Hat Subscription will stay in place.